- To begin my essay I will talk about the trials and tribulations of living in society if you’re not a straight white male and how you are treated as different then I will link it into the world of superheroes as they are either mutants, aliens but most definitely in some way different which is why this would be perfect to introduce aspects of homosexuality, then I will go into mild detail on how im going to explain how it doesn’t and how it could represent this.
- In the second paragraph I will go on to talk about the fans point of view of this non diversity and see how they have reacted whilst also looking at what the fans want in fan fictions.
- So I will begin to talk about the marvel comics industry being a fairly western ideology driven company as they mainly focus on the male superheroes as they give them intricate storylines which can cross different universes and story arch’s but the other types of character have relatively bland and flat or non existant stories.
- Then I will start to talk about the film adaptations and that there is very little diversity in the lead roles and only recently has there been rumours of a new homosexual superhero
- Then for my conclusion I will some up the evidence I have gathered and using the theories ive used but then coming to the overall conclusion that there is no reason to why they couldn’t involve more diversity in their characters as a superhero would be the perfect way to explain its ok to be different.